What is Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium is an additional grant allocated to all schools by the Government to support the raising of attainment of pupils eligible for free school meals.
The Government has given the school the freedom to spend the grant in the way that it thinks will best support the raising of attainment of pupils’ eligible for free school meals and to choose the areas where it will have the most impact. At North Town School, we aim to ensurethat pupils who are eligible for free school meals perform to the best of their ability and make as much progress as their peers.
The school uses Pupil Premium funds to ensure that these pupils are motivated to succeed, are engaged in their learning, develop a positive self-esteem and develop the skills necessary to achieve academic success.
How do I know if my child is eligible for the Pupil Premium?
Eligibility for the Pupil Premium includes those recorded in the recent census who are known to have been:
* eligible for free school meals (FSM) in any of the previous 6 years
* children adopted from care or who have left care.
* eligible for the service child premium in any of the previous 4 years
Your child may eligible for Free School Meals funding if you or your partner receive one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Employment & Support Allowance (Income Related) – not Contribution related
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance – not Contribution based
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you do not also receive Working Tax Credit, with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
If you think that your child may be eligible to qualify for pupil premium funding please do not hesitate to contact the school office. This funding, if eligible, will be received each year that they remain at primary school, regardless of how your circumstances may change.
You can apply for Free School Meals by clicking on the link below: