Dear Parents and Carers,
We started this week with a special visit from Santa Claus. The children were absolutely thrilled that he took time from his busy schedule to come to North Town. Christmas Dinner Day was a huge success with a truly festive atmosphere in the hall. A huge well done and thank you to the catering team for making this possible and putting on such a magnificent feast. We finished the Autumn Term with the Key Stage Two Christmas Service. It was a beautiful service and with the readers reading confidently and the whole church filled with wonderful singing.
I just want to thank you all for your support and kindness. The staff at North Town really appreciate how you work with us and look forward to 2024. Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2024.
Richard Huish Media Team
A huge thank you to the Richard Huish Media Team for organising a team of Richard Huish students to film our KS1 Christmas performances. To have the filming sent back to us to quickly was truly amazing! We were able to upload this onto our website on Monday and already we have had 335 views! I have a feeling the number of views will continue to increase over Christmas!
Lucy Holmes will be returning from maternity leave in the new year. She will be covering Amy Kerton’s days (Thursdays and Fridays) in 5CK. A huge thank you to Abby Chalcroft for agreeing to go full time during this time.
Please can we remind you to book any Wraparound care you need in advance. We have had cases of children just arriving at Wraparound who have not been booked in. Knowing how many children we are expecting ensures that we have adequate staffing and enough food to cater for the children. The bookings close 2 days before the current day.
If you find the bookings have closed, please do contact us on email@example.com and we can check availability for you.
Support For Parents At Christmas
Our Parent & family Support Adviser, Elaine, will be available between Monday 18th – Friday 22nd Dec, and again on Thursday 28th Dec. You can contact her on 07522 237006.
If you require urgent support outside of these times please contact the Somerset Advice Line on 0300 123 2224. If you believe you or your children are at risk of immediate harm please dial 999.
Thank you for all your donations towards the Poppy Appeal. We raised £180.73.
Spring 1 Dates
- Monday 1st January 2024 – New Year’s Day Bank Holiday – Happy New Year!
- Tuesday 2nd January 2024 – INSET Day – School Closed to Children
- Friday 5th January 2024 – Mufti Day
- Friday 2nd February 2024 – Mufti Day
- Tuesday 6th February 2024 – Parents Evening Years R-5
- Saturday 10th February 2024 – Half Term Begins
Spring 2 Dates
- Monday 19th February 2024 – School Open
- Tuesday 20th February 2024 – Parents Evening Year 6
- Wednesday 21st February 2024 – Parents Evening Years R-6
- Friday 1st March 2024 – Mufti Day
- Monday 4th March & Tuesday 5th March 2024 – Year 6 Bikeability Course 1
- Wednesday 6th March & Thursday 7th March 2024 – Year 6 Bikeability Course 2
- Friday 8th March 2024 – PTA School Discos
- Wednesday 20th March & Thursday 21st March 2024 – Year 6 Bikeability Course 3
- Friday 29th March 2024 – Good Friday Bank Holiday – School Closed to Children
- Saturday 30th March 2024 – Sunday 14th April 2023 – Easter Holidays