Dear Parents and Carers,
Happy New Year to you all. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year with your families and friends. It has been smashing hearing the children talk about the Christmas break and also to see them happy to be back at school ready for the spring term ahead.
Just a reminder to all parents that we do regularly monitor attendance at the school and the importance of communicating with us if your child is poorly and unable to attend. The school gates close every morning at 8:50am. If you arrive after this time, please report to the school office so that can sign your child/children in.
There are occasions when leave of absence is required. We very much appreciate parents and carers speaking with us about such matters. It is very rare for us to authorise such requests. Regular repeat holiday absence can lead to penalty fines.
Please can all children wear a coat to school during these winter months. We do are very best to ensure that the children have some much needed fresh air and time outside during break times and having suitable clothing helps greatly.
Applying for primary school
Just a reminder that the closing date for applying for school places for the academic year 2024/25 is Monday 15th January. We were absolutely delighted with the numbers of families we showed around North Town in the autumn term.
The link to complete the application is:
My Child At School (MCAS)
Please can everyone download the My Child At School (MCAS) app and register. We will be moving away from ParentMail and everything will be done through the MCAS app. As you are aware wraparound and parent’s evening bookings are already done through MCAS. The next thing to move across will be lunch ordering and paying for trips, we ask that you have sign up by Monday 22nd January 2024 to ensure that you are able to do these things. If you need any assistance with signing up to MCAS please contact the school office who will be happy to help you.
We are planning to hold another ‘Vocabulary Day’ on Friday 19th January 2024.
The children are invited to come to school dressed as a particular word. Their outfit should reflect the definition of the word as well as have the word displayed somewhere on it. However, this does not need to be an extravagant costume. A hat, tabard or a little bit of creativity can really bring a visual representation of a word alive. There is only one rule – no nouns (naming words). There are many costume ideas available online should you need some inspiration.
The word your child chooses may be one that they have come across in a favourite book or a word they have learnt just for the occasion. Please support them to be adventurous and ambitious in their choice – hopefully they will choose a word that no-one else has chosen!
World Book Day
We are holding World book day will be on Friday 8th March 2024. We are asking the children to dress up as their favourite book character/ in pyjamas to celebrate World Book Day.
Spring 1 Dates
- Monday 1st January 2024 – New Year’s Day Bank Holiday – Happy New Year!
- Tuesday 2nd January 2024 – INSET Day – School Closed to Children
- Friday 5th January 2024 – Mufti Day
- Friday 19th January 2024 – Vocabulary Day
- Friday 2nd February 2024 – Mufti Day
- Tuesday 6th February 2024 – Parents Evening Years R-5
- Saturday 10th February 2024 – Half Term Begins
Spring 2 Dates
- Monday 19th February 2024 – School Open
- Tuesday 20th February 2024 – Parents Evening Year 6
- Wednesday 21st February 2024 – Parents Evening Years R-6
- Friday 1st March 2024 – Mufti Day
- Monday 4th March & Tuesday 5th March 2024 – Year 6 Bikeability Course 1
- Wednesday 6th March & Thursday 7th March 2024 – Year 6 Bikeability Course 2
- Friday 8th March 2024 – World Book Day
- Friday 8th March 2024 – PTA School Discos
- Wednesday 20th March & Thursday 21st March 2024 – Year 6 Bikeability Course 3
- Friday 29th March 2024 – Good Friday Bank Holiday – School Closed to Children
- Saturday 30th March 2024 – Sunday 14th April 2023 – Easter Holidays